Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weddings

Reasons why I dread weddings....
(NOTE : I don’t despise neither am I against weddings)

....when I was a kid and being dragged to weddings :
1) I don’t usually enjoy the food that they serve.

2) If it takes place in the afternoon, it would usually be scorching HOT and I was always forced to wear all those fancy dresses that enhance the humidity!

3) My parents will always have their endless conversation with their friends at the weddings where it’ll take hours for them to leave. Yawn.

.....now, when I am obliged to go for weddings :
1) Given the special gift of navigation savvy, I always get LOST finding the wedding places (this only happens when I’m attending weddings)!

2) People attending weddings can be so kay-poh-chee and this conversation can never be missed:
A : So, why are you still single?
Me : (smiling politely) I don’t know.
(At this point I just wish I could answer this instead,” I wish I have an answer to that. But frankly, I don’t”).
Which later would lead to could either lead to a lot more questions or assumptions such as “You are just too choosy!”. Sheesh. One can never be too happy, yea?


Just got back from watching Bride Wars. It was fun. But hey, girlfriends, better plan your weddings properly and don’t let it clash with your bestest buddies! It can be nasty. It can possibly trigger your fangs to be out, just because of a wedding. Hmm...but isn’t the most important day of a girl’s life, is her wedding?

So, dear LOVE-LINGS or whoever is reading this(is there anyone?), any takes on weddings?

P/S : For those of you who had already booked me as their bridesmaids, make sure it doesn’t clash with the others, yea? I can’t split myself into two. :)

2 comments:

ap4dite said...

haha.. when i was young, my parents used to drag me to the weddings. If i said no,..my dad will said, "nanti adik kahwin takde sape nak dtg"... that time, i surrendered, but not because i'm afraid, it's becoz i dont want to hear their babbles.. :P

by the way, i already booked u to be my bridesmaid. :) :P

Miss Foogly Froggy said...

Haha. Yea, parents sometimes have funny ways to blackmail us. :P

Yups, will keep that in the book. Can't wait for it! :)
Make sure it doesn't clash with the rest, yea? :)