Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Odd Encounters

I always come across odd encounters with strangers who just blurt out an episode of their lives to me.

No, I’m not referring to men who come up and give their numbers or ask me for their numbers. Those are very scarce, or may I say, non-existent!

These strangers happen to be some sober people who probably just need someone to share their excitement, mourn over their grievance, vent out their angers or even express an opinion.

Perhaps, I strike them as a good listener. :P

One of the most interesting encounters was this lass sharing her excitement over her wedding which was just around the corner and it totally crack me up when she was proudly telling me about her fiancé :

“He’s not that good looking, but he’s nice. And he actually got someone as pretty as me. I don’t know how our kids are going to turn out to be?”

Hahahaha. I tried so hard to contain myself at that time. Gosh, I really admire the confidence.

No comments: