The dinner
I had always heard reviews on how succulent the ribs are. So, I thought I’d give it a shot. A few of us decided to order a few meals and share amongst us. We had four varieties : Caesar Salad with Salmon, Fried Shrimp, Roma Rack and Steak with Chicken Tenders. Overall, I think the food was below my expectation. It didn’t taste as good as the reviews. Perhaps, it’s due to the fact that I prefer lambs than ribs. But the rest were nothing to shout about either. Nonetheless, it was the great company that made the night so enjoyable. Nothing beats the company of all your favourite people sitting at one table.
Thanks for the presents and for being such wonderful companies!
The movie
The first part of the movie felt a little draggy and hollow. Possibly, lack of background music. But it got better somehow. I like the “Jennifer Aniston-Ben Affleck” story. Her character in the movie was simply admirable. She handled the situation she was facing quite well. On the other hand, there are few mental notes that need to be jot down :-
(a) “If a guy treats you like he doesn’t give a s--- it’s because he doesn’t give a s---.”
(b) "An excuse is a polite rejection. Men are not afraid of “ruining the friendship.”
(c) "Don’t get tricked into asking him out. If he likes you, he’ll do the asking."
(d) "If you can find him, then he can find you. If he wants to find you, he will."
(e) "Just because you like to lead doesn’t mean he wants to dance. Some traditions are born of nature and last through time for a reason."
(f) "Men don’t forget how much they like you. So put down the phone."
Bottom-line : “If a guy really likes you, he will do whatever it takes to make things work between you two. Period.” (Yes, the rule is just as simple as that!)

P/S : Sorry about the lousy seats. Hope all your necks are fine. :)
The Waterfall Trip
Most of us managed to wake up real early for our waterfall trip but we somehow managed to gather everyone at the pre-agreed meeting point at around 8.00 a.m. As soon as everyone had gathered, we began our much anticipated journey into the nearby village. We found the pump house and parked our car there. A ‘pakcik’ who was selling drinks warned us not to go there since we may not be able to come back down if the weather gets really bad. We were adamant. The riskiest part was we only had directions from the internet which was quite vague and we were not fully-equipped. Fortunately, one of us who have been familiar with jungle tracking took the lead.
The journey took us about an hour and a half. Some us were screaming at the sight of leaping frog, some of us got itches caused by the red ants, most of our blood got sucked by leeches, worst was one of us found out there was a leech on her thighs and had to get it removed at the clinic. I was the lucky one. (My mum said probably all those leeches are only attracted to the fair ones. :P). Nevertheless, I was the one who wanted to give up on the journey and was screaming out loud wanting to go home. At the verge of giving up, we saw a bunch of kids happily skipping their way to the waterfall with their fishing equipments. We asked them to lead us the way. In less than 15 minutes, we finally saw the beautiful waterfall. We grinned at each other with big reliefs. The waterfall was a total bliss. A cold natural massage.
The journey home was less challenging and we walked next to the highway where passers-bys may have thought we were some refugees.
Thanks to all of you for making it happened! And thanks for putting up with my complaints and brat-y behavior in the middle of the jungle when I was the one who actually came up with the idea. Hey, I thought it was going to be a short trail. I couldn’t have done it without all of you.
At least, I had figured a self-discovery : I’d prefer the metropolis anytime!

Love you much, my lovely darlings (hence, the LOVE-LINGS)!
2 comments:
kesian arbi kena gigit pacat..quite scarry bila tgk darah dia...
by the way, i enjoy the jungle tracking so much even though i can't enjoy the waterfall.. :)
Kesiannye die! Hopefully she's fine now. :)
Glad you enjoyed it. :)
Post a Comment